Visit the Altadena Historical Society to access newspapers in the Archives. Photocopies can be made for a minimal cost.
AHS has bound newspapers for the following dates:
• The Altadenan (1958-1977)
• The Altadena-Pasadena Chronicle (1978-1983)
• The Altadena Press (1928-1944)
These newspapers are on microfiche or microfilm. Call or visit to confirm the availability of the issue you want.
• The Altadena Weekly (1936-1954)
• The Altadenan (1944-1976)
• The Altadena Chronicle (1977-1983)
• The Pasadena Weekly (1984, 1989-2001)
• The Weekly (1984-1989)
AHS has thousands of clippings dating to the late 1800s. Topics include annexation, artists, business and industry, the Census, Christmas Tree Lane, churches, development and redevelopment, Eaton Canyon, filming, the Los Angeles County Fire Department, houses, the Sheriff’s Department, town hall meetings and bylaws, and more.